UK CPR and First Aid Training: First Aid at Work Refresher
Available throughout the UK, first aid training refresher course for work is a twelve hour HSE-content-recommended course which is available ONLY to persons who hold an in-date First Aid at Work (FAW) certificate. FAW certificates remain in-date for three years from the date the course was passed.
Delegates who have exceeded the three-year time period are required to attend a full eighteen hour FAW course.
The course is a revision of all First AId at Work course content:
Providing emergency first aid at work:
- understanding the importance of preventing cross-infection;
- recognising the need to record incidents and actions;
- referring to the use of available equipment;
- assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly, effectively in an emergency;
- administering first aid to someone who is unconscious;
- administering first aid to someone who is having a seizure;
- administering cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR);
- administering first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administering first aid to someone who is wounded and bleeding;
- administering first aid to someone who is suffering from shock;
- providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
Administering first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries;
- chest injuries;
- burns and scalds;
- eye injuries;
- sudden poisoning;
- anaphylactic shock.
Recognising the presence of major illness and providing appropriate first aid including:
- heart attack;
TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) (QCF) course specification
- £100 per person
- £850 per group (12 maximum)
Call First4Aid for FREE on 0800 98 87 321 to discuss your UK first aid training requirements. Not sure if the Refresher course is right for you? We will be happy to advise.